“Unconditional surrender to Him is the best solace for man.”
Surrender to Him and abide by His will whether he appears or vanishes; await His pleasure. He knows what is best and when and how to do it. Leave everything entirely to Him. His is the burden; you have no longer any cares. All your cares are His. Such is surrender. This is bhakti.
Surrender can take effect only when done with full knowledge. Such knowledge comes after enquiry. It ends in surrender.
- There are two ways: either ask yourself, ‘Who am I?” or submit.
- Submit to Me and I will strike down the mind. There is no better “karma” or “bhakti” than enquiry into the self.
- Surrender yourself to the universal and you will be absorbed in the universal.
Surrender is complete only when you reach the stage Thou are all’ and ‘Thy will be done’. … you can have no likes or dislikes after your surrender; your will should become completely non-existent, the Lord’s will taking its place. The death of the ego in this way brings about a state which is not different from jnana or oneness. So by whatever path you may go, you must come to jnana.
–Sri Ramana Maharshi
Recently I had a situation where I had to really surrender my Ego. In this particular case, I felt I was absolutely right and I felt very frustrated by feeling a lack of control. The idea of letting it go at first seemed impossible and unacceptable
One of the great benefits of having a spiritual practice in one’s life is that it can help guide your awareness of bad mental patterns and help with life decisions to let go of things that don’t serve you. Even the things that grab at us and say – “not this one, I can’t possibly let go of that”, must be let go of and surrendered.
The attachment to the mind made self is very subtle. It can lure you into negativity and anger with very innocent mental tapes. The small mind made self wants to strengthen itself through any means and one of its favorites is conflicts and the false pride that being a victim brings about.
We need to be on guard and watch these mind patterns as one would watch a thief who was walking around at night in your neighborhood.
- One of the best things to be able to do in these situations is to have someone you greatly respect and who understands a particular situation (or has had a similar experience) act as a mirror and sounding board for you so that you see that your mind is making more of something than it deserves. You don’t have to go into too much detail, just get another point of view.
- Sometimes that’s all it takes for the light to shine on the illusions that our mind or small self plays on us and get back to being enthusiastic, inspired and clear minded.
- Asking the question, “How important is this situation?”, is also helpful.
Very often we are way off on our assessment of the reality and meaning of things. Often the Ego actually takes pride in identifying an enemy. We have to be brutally honest with our true self to be free of resentments.
Once you get the mirror clear, now you can see how the mind and its Ego attaching ways can try to sabotage your positive attitude.
- Always be aware of when you are carrying things.
- Always aim to empty the mind by surrendering everything you are holding by giving it to God.
- Meditate on the true reality of life that everyone is fighting their own battles.
- Try to bring your heart to feel love towards everyone and everything while in meditation.
- Now forgive anyone or anything that bothers you by praying within your meditation the Ho opono opono prayer.
I am sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.
Remember the power of this prayer is its mind clearing powers. Say it over and over. You are reaching deep into the resonance of your own subconscious mind and soul while clearing all disharmony within you.
You are forgiving all disharmony that is within you.
You are proclaiming gratitude
And finally, you are blazing love out to all who come into your consciousness now and in the future.
This kind of practice will light up your life and leave no room for mental thieves to rob you.
By being emptied and clear minded you can now get on with the beauty of being inspired and enthusiastic about life. In business, as in life ,there is no substitute for the power of a positive mental attitude
Only a clear, surrendered mind can experience a positive mental attitude. No business consultant can do this for you. This path is for your steps alone. Feel the power of inspiration (being in spirit) .Don’t be afraid to surrender to win.